Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

timing on auto cud be messed up?

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
Hey let my mate take my car for a drive today cos i havnt been able to drive it hard (L's :bang: ) anyways, seemed ok but when driving back it seemed to drop out of gear and rev, ive also noticed when i put it in reverse the shifter doesnt click in so it can just be pushed out of place without pressing the button, also in reverse it seems to jolt, im guessing this is all the gearbox and im hoping its not a change thats needed on it.. anyone got ne idea what to do or what it could be, mechanics noticed nothing had it serviced and paid out 1500 for steering rack etc, or it could just be since its done 230 thou k's and is just generally run down, it hasnt revved out of gear since and seems to drive ok..

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Your shifter linkage may be loose or incorrectly adjusted - this may be inside the shifter T-Bar console or under the car.

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
sorry but i dno what im looking for

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If someone forces the gearshift lever (or T-bar), they can bend or damage the gear selector mechanism. If this happens, when you try to select drive, it may not fully select drive....and then jump out of drive because it is not properly selected. Think of a golf ball that is sitting on the edge of the hole but won't fall in....a slight breeze is enought to roll it in - now think of the selector mechanism being like that golf ball and not quite in the hole.
This may not have anything to do with your problem but it is a possibility.