Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 Engine Pulleys

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Hi All,

There seems to be a lot of noise coming from the pulleys on my engine, and after some investigation it looks like one of the idler pulleys is shot, and possibly the bearings in the alternator pulley also sound a bit suspect. What I am wondering is, can the alternator pulley be replaced by itself, or is it a bit more complicated than that. Also, what costs are involved for the idler pulleys, do I need to get them from GMH, or would bursons etc sell them?

Also, can the pulley on the tensioner device be replaced separately?

Any information and or costs would be appreciated

Cheers

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I bought full set of pulleys (incl tensioner pulley) about 2 years ago for between $20 and $30 each - from Cheapa Spares, but SuperCheap or Repco or whoever will have them as well. Holden carry them but they are double the price and made of plastic like the originals. It's not usual for the front bearing on the alternator to fail, however if it does then it can be renewed but this involves complete disassembly of the alternator ....which is no big deal if you are careful and take your time. Regards