Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stero installation probs...

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
hi,changing the original stero to a clarion,ive pulled out old stero,my problem is the factory loom has the following wires.. orange brown/white yellow yellow/orange. the clarion has yellow 15amp yellow 3amp red/power orange/illumination. can someone please tell me which wires to conect together as i dont want to short any thing out.cheers

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
There should be a wiring thread in here somewhere, run a search and you should find it.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showpost.php?p=107000&postcount=1

also it would of been wiser to get a hold of a factory loom connecter to frewire plug and then using that and the freewire plug from the new head unit to make up an adaptor cable. works a treat when soldered and insulated and should you change headunits its easy to make a new one.

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Get ya self a multimeter, read the instructions and make sure u know how to use it on VDC and ohms, U will need constant 12v, Acc switched 12v, possibly 12v switched for illumination dimmer, and a good earth 0-3ohms. With a multimeter u should be able to do it with ya eyes closed.