Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vibrating steering wheel

vs-s-pak-ute

Cowboys From Hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-pack Ute
when i hit over 100km/h my steering wheel shakes and annoying the hell out of me! i've had my wheels balanced and alligned so what could it be? power steering on the way out. any advice would be great

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
have you bomped any curbs with it? I found with mine it only started after i bounced it off a curb one night

Centurion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore V6 3.8lt Manual
Put in some new front shockers, if they are old and leaking they will make your steering wheel shake kinda side to side when your doing around 100km

vs-s-pak-ute

Cowboys From Hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-pack Ute
wat was the problem with yours

vs-s-pak-ute

Cowboys From Hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-pack Ute
brand new struts were put in 4 weeks ago

pandacav

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 3.8 manual
i had the same problem on mine it ended up being a bent diff cost $80 to re-straighten, if not that if u have alloy wheels they worp somtimes. Its more than likly the wheel alignment.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Check your tyres for flat spots from brake lock ups. Also jack your car up and spin the tyre over to see if it is out of round, sometimes the tyre reeds to be let down and spun half a turn on the rim to get it to run true. If the tyre isnt round you can balance it but it will still cause your car to vibrate. Also ask your tyre centre to do an on car balance because sometimes your brake rotors can be out of balance which can cause problems. I have balanced tyres perfectly off a vehicle but when you bolt them on and do an on car balance they are miles out. Also some of the cheaper brands of mags can flex which will cause vibrations at speed.

jase_vs_comma

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vs equpie s2
its the spark plugs or leads, mine was doin the same thing... a lead mite b burnt out or a blown plug or sumfin, mine did exact same thing when i hit 100

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Wheel alignment and balance does the trick.