Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gas-cold starting

brett 46

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 03 wagon
I have a 95 VS on gas and for all the years I've had it I've had no problems starting it on freezing cold mornings on gas and it runs smooth straight up no matter what the temp outside is but lately on the real cold mornings it splutters and plays up till warmed up, but if the temp outside is a little warmer no problems. Whats going on and where do I start looking for a cure?

K

kim_08

hey there, i have a vs on gas you could either leave your car on petrol over night to get ur car started or what ive been told by my gas dude is if its a cold morning to turn the iginition over twice till it clicks not so it starts the car then start ur car. i dunno if im making sense but it works fine for me in the mornings if i do it that way. you can hear the clicks under the bonnet or coming form ur computer. hope this helps

vs_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Wagon and VT Exec V6 Wagon
I have been told not to leave the car on gas on cold nights. However, in 4 years I have never had any dramas starting it on gas or petrol so it sits in gas mode 95% of the time. Might need to get the lpg system serviced .

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
My brother car use to do this, I think it's the cold weather freezing up the gas in the condenser, making it had to start on a system that has not been serviced for a while. His system had a primer button that he would push a couple of times and then it would start. Don't know if the VS's have a primer button or not.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
mine did this till i got it serviced a week ago fine now

vs ed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3V8ute
I have a gas research system in my 5ltr and it has NEVER been reliable starting on gas in cold mornings. Several people have looked at it and they all end up scratching their heads. As a result, I just start it on petrol and it works perfect everytime. Soon as I'm driving, I flick it back over to gas and it runs great, I just live with it now. Had the ute for 6 years and it has never let me down. Life goes on I figure...

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Do these systems have a coolant line going to them, dont us the heater first thing in the morning, let it warm up for a couple of mins with the heater off, if you get in and drive it cold the use flow of more gas will freeze it.