Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Commodore Gas

V

vracclaim

has anyone put gas on there vr, if so what sort of system did you get. ( ie cut petrol tank in half and have gas. or tank in the boot.)

and also performance decrease. was there any. if so how much.

jimiemick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR's
Ive got a VR V6 on gas ( was on gas when i got it) There is a noticeible power difference with it, but with having duel fuel when you need the extra power its there at a flick of a switch.
Ive had a few cars on gas now and all of them have had the Tank in the boot. Although my next project car im thinking of running straight gas and loosing the tank and replacing it with 2 gas tanks.

Im not to sure on the brand of my system but its one of the electronic systems that backs off the amount of gas when ur just cruising along the freeway and bumps it up when ur in stop go traffic. Its the 2nd system ive had like this and i personaly belive that it gives you less fuel economy but ill be able to tell more when i convert it to a manual ( as my last car was a VN V6 manual on gas and i could get 500k's out of a tank, where with the berlina i can only get 400k's out of my 60lts )

Hope thats some help

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
yeah i was wondering about gas as well (with the price of petrol atm), how much does it cost to get your car going with gas

W

Wolves

My VR is duel fuel, the gas tank is in the boot and the petrol tank is still 60 ltrs. I found in mine that i have more power on petrol but not much, if i have it on gas and switch it from ecconamy to power i do notice more power tho probablly coz you use both of them at once but that kind of defeats the purpose of saving money so i hardly do that. If you wanna save a **** load of money on travels gas is the way to go these days, $25-$30 a week is a lot better than $65-$75 you just need to service gas about once every few months or just get it checked out becuase it can backfire

W

Wolves

Oh yeah, if you want subbys in the boot along with your gas tank try make sure that you gert some decent subs NOT sony they suck trust me, because with the gas tank in the boot you wont hear the full potention of your subs, the frickn gas tank is pretty much another wall behind the back seats. i got two 12" Alpine Type R's. trust me when i say Sony's 1200 watt (pentagon) subs dont come anywhere near my 1000 watt alpines it's a diffrent quality peoples i know my mate has of them **** sony subs. sony make good head units and screens etc, but they suck with subs n amps.

VS1939

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Belina S/W
I've just had my '97 VS Berlina Wagon changed over to dual fuel and am getting 350 to 380 Kms per load of gas. Evan though you have a 60 Litre tank you can only put 50 Litres into it. The rest is what is called ullage, to allow for the expansion of the gas under operating temps.
A little down in power but who cares.