Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicators Stuffed

dellarb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SII CV8 Monaro
Hi
My 97 VS2 Exec Wagon's indicators have basically died. I started it once and they wouldnt work so i turned it off then back on again, this time when i went to use them there was a repetitive clicking sound like the clicker thing that goes when they are on repeating very very fast for about a second. Now they just dont work at all. I have checked all the fuses and the lights still all flash when i remote lock and unlock the car so I am stumped. Has anyone had a similar problem and can point me in the right direction to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Probably is the indicator lever arm which fails fairly often (though mine never has). I think you can pull them apart but they cost less than $50 new (I think) so probably not work the effort. Also have them on Ebay but sounds like you're in a hurry.

dellarb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SII CV8 Monaro
Thanks for that guys i will look into it when i get home this evening. Is it just a loose connection normaly i take it?

And yeah I am in a little rush as its embarassing driving around sticking your hand out the window :p

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
Could be hazzard switch, lever as mentioned or flasher can.

dellarb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SII CV8 Monaro
Actually talk of hazard switch reminds me now. The hazards havent worked for some while now. They stopped functioning when i installed my new deck despite the fact i never went near the hazards panel or fuse. Hrmmmm I hope i dont have to rip the whole dash apart to get at that :S

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Indicators do go through the hazard switch and wont function properly if the hazard switch is faulty. This post will show you how to get it out:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=20560

Swap the relays over before you do anything to make sure its not a faulty relay.

Otherwise i would agree with the other guys on the indicator lever.

dellarb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SII CV8 Monaro
Oh well looks like its probably dashboard out for me then. Not so bad I suppose while i am in there i can fix the backlights for the instruments half of them dont work any more.

Thanks for the help everyone

dellarb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SII CV8 Monaro
Why does this always happen to me.

Ok well i pulled the dash out and fixed up the hazard switch so my hazards work fine now but the indicators still dont work and just make a very rapid clicking sound when i go to use them. To save me the trouble can anyone tell me if this is likely to be a problem in the indicator stalk (as mentioned earlier in the post) or the flasher unit thingo?

Thanks

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Relays are the small black boxes near the fuses under the steering wheel. There is one for the indicators which makes the click that you hear. But hazards work so more likely to be the indicator stalk.