Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Centre parcel shelf tail light

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Can anyone tell me what type of bulb is in the centre parcel shelf tail light? wedge or bayonet? It would save me the hassle from ripping out the back seat if it's bayonet, if wedge then I will replace it with a led bulb. Thanks.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Its a large round looking thing..... same as indicator lights in rear.... anyway, big and round style.

aZk.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
its a wedge but you dont need to pull the back seat out to change it dude theres a hole underneath if you open the boot and have a look under you can put your hand in twist the bulb holder and it comes out just a bit fiddly because they didnt make the hole big enough much easier to do on the vt

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
evil_monkey said:
its a wedge but you dont need to pull the back seat out to change it dude theres a hole underneath if you open the boot and have a look under you can put your hand in twist the bulb holder and it comes out just a bit fiddly because they didnt make the hole big enough much easier to do on the vt

Ah sweet, thanks for that. >>;]

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Jeezus, the bulb is huge, I thought it would be like the centre garnish ones, problem is that as I was putting the bulb back in and the bulb fell out, so now it's rolling around in the light box.

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
LOL join the club .... look on the bright side you now have a spare one lying around ..... just like me!!

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
VS CALAIS said:
LOL join the club .... look on the bright side you now have a spare one lying around ..... just like me!!

eheheh, I ended up shaking the car left and right, tho it wouldn't pop out the hole, so then I started to bang the bottom of the metal parcel shelf and eventually fell out.

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
VLishes said:
Jeezus, the bulb is huge, I thought it would be like the centre garnish ones, problem is that as I was putting the bulb back in and the bulb fell out, so now it's rolling around in the light box.

haha must be common, i have a globe rolling around in there too.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
if the bulb has fallen out, get a vacuum cleaner, full suction and put it over the opening of the hole.. that globe will be out in no time :)