Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Abs

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
I noticed I couple of weeks ago that when I press the brakes a bit harder then normal it feels like the front left brake initially tends to grab harder first then the rest, has anyone had this problem before? could it be the ABS? the light doesn't come on, ABS does seem to work.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Your shock absorber on that side may be unserviceable - this will cause that corner to dip giving the impression that the brake is grabbing...or it may be a problem with the brake caliper or disc on the opposite side not braking 100% which makes the other side seem to brake harder. It could also be worn suspension component - do you have uneven tyre wear at the front?

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
yea when i brake harder than normal, you can sorta feel the pedal pulsing (ever so slightly) and you can hear it, but only in the front brakes. it's alot different from the actual abs though, yesterday i was just driving back from town and some old woman pulled straight out infront of me, and that's when i discovered what abs pulsing feels like, and it's alot different from what i said above. the old bat musn't have seen me, lucky for abs.