Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

10" Speakers in rear of VS Wagon & other stuff

XeSSiV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
hi everyone
i've used this site before for help with installing the deck in my car, it was perfect, thanks to you!

ok i have a few problems that i would like your assistance with

1. i found some awesome pioneer 10" speakers.. i was wondering if there was any way that i could fit them into the rear speaker slots.. i think they are 6" or 8" or something like that..

2. also, with these new speakers an amp is needed.. i have the amp, im just really wondering about where to put the amp and how to get the power cables from the battery to the amp and where to put fuses etc..

3. for a while now my poor VS has been getting error code 66: something about a transmission problem between gears 2-3. but its having trouble from gears 1-2-3. i was wondering if anyone had any problem like this before, and how they fixed it and how much it set them back.. i hear that if left like this for a time, the whole gearbox can go..

thanks in advance for all your replies, much appreciated!

George.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
1) make some spacers out of MDF. it's easy

2) mount the amp wherever you want it to sit. power cable can be run through the firewall on the drivers side. there's a grommet there for the clutch cable, since you have an auto there is no clutch. mount fuse inline as close the the battery as you can

3)shift control solenoid - I can only suggest getting it changed, and may as well have it serviced at the same time. no idea of cost, sorry

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Geez TheForgotten. justcommodores.com is now theforgotten.com - give someone else a go . Nah nice work mate.:king: