Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS C/Dore leaking coolant & transmission

defyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Hi,

I just bought a VS Acclaim 1995.
I took it out for a drive tonight and stopped at the service station and i hear noises of water burning on an exhaust so i look under the car and it was leaking fluid, So i moved it back and it was dripping both Radiator Coolant and Transmission fluid next to each other, it was dripping on the extractors probally about where the gear selecter is in the car, so in the middle of the gearbox.
Its an automatic with 153k on the clock.
Can someone tell me what they think could be wrong with it before i put it on a hoist. It seems odd its leaking both coolant and transmission so it has to be two seperate leaks. (the fluids are leaking around the same area and are not mixed together)

Cheers,
Scott

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
trans cooler lines and possibly heater hoses??? they are the only two around that area

defyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
I hope so,
It is a reco box in it i think. Dont know when it was done, Just hope they didnt do a dodgie when they did it.
Will take it to a mechanic tomorrow morning and have a look hope its not too costly.

Thanks

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Maybe it's not coolant but water from the aircon.

defyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Its at the mechanics now he just rang me to say he will put it on the hoist soon.
So ill post what is wrong with it just for reference for other poeple when they search with the same prob.

Cheers,
Scott

Last edited:

defyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Problems he found:

Trans cooler pipes (He tightened them up but they still leaked so he has to take extractors off etc. so it will take longer then he hoped, He said it must be cracked or something) - i have no idea i have never really seen what they look like.
And he just found small engine leaks here and there.
Around the dipstick, Valley Cover?,and around some of the tappers.
Said he is going to replace them all.
Hope he only comes back with good news not bad news. hehe

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
defyet said:
Problems he found:

Trans cooler pipes (He tightened them up but they still leaked so he has to take extractors off etc. so it will take longer then he hoped, He said it must be cracked or something) - i have no idea i have never really seen what they look like.
And he just found small engine leaks here and there.
Around the dipstick, Valley Cover?,and around some of the tappers.
Said he is going to replace them all.
Hope he only comes back with good news not bad news. hehe
Did he say where the coolant leak was coming from?

R

RevHead1313

His Heater tap is probly leaking, dont try and fix it if it is, just buy a new one and replace it, it will crack if you try and tighten it.