Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are bullbar mounts the same for all models.

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
Hey guys.

Just wanting to know. Are the mounting points (measurements) on the chassis for a bullbar the same for all 90's commodores.

Like, would a bar off a VN, VP, VS, VT etc, mount to a VR wagon without modifications.

Thanks.

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
be careful because you must get a bar that works with the airbag or you could kill yourself

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
Thanks for the reply theburna, but my wagon is the non airbag model.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
considering the body revisions i'd say only a bar from a VR VS would fit eachother

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
bullbars look rank anyway...

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
They may look rank 96vscommodore, but when you live in a regional area inhabited by thousands of roos it doesn't matter.

After more than 6 years of driving along a particular road in my area that I've reguarly travelled without trouble, I finally ran out of luck last Saturday morning.
Hit a roo at 8am that came out of the scrub at full speed & had no way of avoiding it. Luckily I was only doing just under 80 kph in the 100 kph zone, but it still destroyed the air conditioning condenser & radiator, cracked the front bumper apron, & bent the apron down about 10mm on the drivers side, which meant the car was off the road for the whole week. Could have been a lot worse though.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
hmmm, yeh point taken... used 2 live in the NT so i know what your on about... i just dont like them on commodores. look nice on a 4X4 (F250, Land Cruiser etc...). but as you said they do surve a vital purpose.

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
actually bull bars are more dangerous if you hit a roo cause they send the roo upward in a collision and towards your head, which has been known to leave a dying roo kicking the driver and passenger around a bit and can even kill if you cop one of the nails. Thats according to a test by NRMA.
I travel a lot of country roads as well and found the roo whistles have reduced the number of roos I've sighted since fitting em.
They cost $35 and screw down near the number plate.

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
That thought was a bit disconcerting to me as well burna. Been checking on the net all the types available, & very quickly decided not to get the ones that angle back over the bonnet for that exact reason. That's why I decided to go for these styles (see attachment pics). At least these ones would push a roo away & down (hopefully).

I've read those roo whistles don't work under 60kph, but I've never seen a roo in town, so I'll give them a go as well.
Thanks for the input. :)

Attachments

• 8c_1_b.jpg
    8c_1_b.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,455
  • 3d_1_b.jpg
    3d_1_b.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,084

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
ooh. go the second one with some big-arse spotties!