Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redirecting Light

K

kim_08

Redirecting Lights

Hi Guys,

I search the forums and couldnt find anything on redirecting your front lights, ive tried useing the screws under the bonnet which are supposed to move them up down left but the dont do anything. as my right light is facing the ground and need the change it. any help appreciated thanks

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
have you loosened the screw then tried to move the light by hand, for instance you could loosen the updown on the right hand light and then basicly push the lights itself upwards and re-tighten to set the position, adjusting the screws doesnt make em move, they just clamp the light in position

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=11702

We went through a big post a while ago but i couldnt find it. My opinion - headlight aiming is a bi*ch.

There are up/down and left/right adjustments. Aim your lights at a wall and wind the screws each way. If they dont move there is probably a problem with the screws thread inside. It may have just come off the thread so winding it the other way may pull it back on. Nothing complex about them. If that doesnt work...theres nothing you can do. Sorry mate.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
dnt worry mate u aint the only one, ive got same problem, i try to adjust and they dnt move and thats with the screws off, id love to know how to adjust cos ive tried everything

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
hey

g'day mate if you take off the so called adjusters. youl see the black dial thing with a screw head in the middle of it, get a short phillips head screwdriver and turn that, it worked on my car.

K

kim_08

one of my bf's mates found it we were actually unscrewing the wrong one!! its actually behind the light itself!! the only prob is that the car has been in a car accident and the front is not stright so its harder to adjust. prob need to take of the front bumper

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
ROTF LMAO this was mentioned more than once, the common missconception is to undo the bolts that hold the entire light to the front apron, the arrows are put in the wrong spot.

Blame GMH

You will see two holes next two the mounting bolts, insert a phillips driver down into them / look behind the light to be sure and the lights will move.