Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I have a VK - Installing an ecotec out of a VS1

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
Would like to know, i can get a box out of a vp. Will this suit a VS ecotec engine? Also, you prolly wouldnt know, but the difficulties of putting this type of engine into a VK calais. Thanks alot.

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
mate its not gonna be easy. i think off the top of my head mounts have to be altered, place where box goes may have to be expanded (maybe someone else can confirm or correct that), maybe new radiator, ecu, looms, vp box should suit is it out of a series 1 or 2 vp.
hope this helped off the top of my head if you need more info i can find out for you
cheers michael

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
nah thats fine, thats all iw a safter really. Pretty sure the box is out of a vp2. Yep i know it wont be easy, but im willing to go to lengths. I want a DIFFERENT car. I have a vk, which i love the shape of anyway. Making it go like a shower of showza will be the twist int he story. Old bloody 202 is a dog compared to ecotec. Also avaidable is a VT ecotec. Harder to put in or same level of DIFFICULTY!! lol

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
exactly same as vs ecotec just tad more power i think 1-2kw wow ey. maybe less k's to maybe a better choice. just outta curiosity how much u paying for blocks. dont forget u will need to get it engineered i think
cheers michael

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
yeah vs is the go then. They hammer from what i've seen. lol. im getten the blocks ont he cheap off a mate so cant complain there. It is a HUGE job to change it. but it would be a very different vk... It depens for me whether i can do it for the price of buying a VS. (6 - 7K) if i can get it in there for that or less, then i'll prolly give it a go. if i cant, then 202 will do for a while.

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
should be able to do it for 4 - 5k if you do some of it yourself and just get your mechanic for hard parts. it is gonna fly in such a light car
u gonna manual or auto it. best of luck get us updated please very interesting conversion
cheers
michael

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Hey robbo i reckon an ecotec in a vk would rock.
I used to have a vk and now have a vs and i have wanted to see this conversion done the vk is such a beefy looking car and so comfortable.
Have you considered a v8 or any other type of motors for your projects?

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
Yes, totally why im doing it. They BEST VK goin lol. I;d love to throw in a V8 like an LS1 or somthing but im a p plater in NSW, and i cant afford to loose my licence for driving it. lol, Im putting a manual box in yeah, out of a VP. There is a guy called scott in the VK forum, he put a 5L EFI V8 into his VK. Tight squeeze by the looks of it, he's got a great website about how he did it though. Its alot of work to do this conversion but it is poss. I was considering putting it in only if i could do it for roughly the price of a VS. im not worried if its a grand or so more than that though. If i can get it in, it'll be a V6 Supercar. Should be fun anywayz. Yeah i'll keep yaz updated.

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
speak to scuimmy here on the forum, he has a working VK with the VN 3.8 in it, and has a wealth of knowledge on the matter