Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick Question - VK running gear into a VS

S

sir409

Hi guys, only just signed up here, had a quick question.. I've never been much of a commodore fan til recently, and had an idea.. Im looking at buying a VS, but I also have a mate with a VK commodore. He's got a 355 stroker in his VK and a walkinshaw gearbox.. (Like I said, not really having much knowledge of commodores yet, I could be mistaken).. anyway, he's done quite a bit of work to it, spent roughly 10k on the engine (so I hear).. and I was thinking.. he is intersted in selling the VK, would it even be a remote possibility that all the running gear (engine, computer, gearbox, diff, whatever) could be taken out and transplanted into a VS sedan? Im sure it would be a bit of a job, but a) is it possible, b) is it legal, and c) is it likely to cost much more than say 3 or 4 grand to get the transplant done, if it is possible? Look forward to your replies, thanks in advance.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Why ? the stroker will go better in the Vk as it's a lighter car than the VS !!!

If the motor in the VK is a later model with the factory injection then it wouldn't be as much of a problem swapping the motor over legaly... if the motor is older than the car in which it is to be installed in, then AFAIK you will have to have engineering reports to say that the motor conforms to the ADR's emissions of the VS... which will cost you heaps... Personally if I wanted a v8 VS I'd buy one already fitted and mod that... it will save you from a heap of headaches.:bang:

S

sir409

Awesome, alright.. so it sounds like it *could* be done, but I'd need to find out emission rules, fair enough. I would leave it in the VK, but quite simply.. I dont like VK's.. heh, well, not as much as I'd like a VS anyway..

Thanks for your help guys, and I'll look further into it, might chat to the RTA about it.

Cheers.