Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers side boot leak.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
this was kinda covered in another thread but i havent seen a definitive answer yet. i have noticed of late, apart from the wet towel smell, that the drivers side of my boot is collecting water, and i lost a cricket bat (worth more than my fukin headunit), shoes and gloves from the mould it provided! :cry:

people mentioned screws n that were loose and to pull up the carpet n test it with a hose which i have done, yet i still cant find the problem. any help would be good.

Thanks,
Luke

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Good luck finding out. I searched high and low in mine. Suspected the fuel flap hinge at one stage as I could hear the water dripping in but could not see it when i was inside the boot. In the end I didn't have much time to keep on looking and I drilled a few holes in the bottom before selling it after I bought the ute.

Last edited:

Greg_Sian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore, VT S 97
Had same problem in my 96 VS Exec, rear quarter window seal is probaby RS. Takes about 45mins to hour to do both sides, with minimal mechanical knowledge, a few spanners and a tube of window or body sealer.

1. Remove seat belt bolt in trim inside quarter window
2. Prise the trim panel off inside car behind quarter window.
3. Locate bolts (platic type) in quarter window and remove. BECAREFUL, window will fall onto driveway if your not careful, have afriend or if you trust her, your missus to hold it.
4. Clean old crap off, squirt on sealer and refix in reverse to taking off.
5. DON'T OVER TIGHTEN BOLTS.

Hope this helps.:wave:

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
Yep had the same problem in a VP A few years ago... Was a complete bitch to find... As Greg_sian said was rear quarter windows.

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I couldn't be stuffed taking them out when mine were letting water in, so i just got some black silastic and squirted it out from the tube, down the outside of the windows, where the water was probably getting in. Now the water run-off from the roof just travels along the silastic, and down the side of the car.
Did it about a year ago, and it's still fine. And unless you go looking, you can't even see that i've done it.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
Well thanks for the info guys, i got the day off work today so i may well get into it shortly.:yeah:

Cheers
Luke

B

BassTeQ

Had the same problem a few years ago, crawl in the boot with a torch, get someone to hose water on your window and watch where it leasks in!

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
has anyone else ever experienced a water build up in the little 'well' the spare tire stands in on the left hand side of the boot? you know how the little arch dip that the spare sits in is lower than the rest of the boot...? When i pulled out my spare once i noticed a whole load of water had built up in there and my spare was sitting in a bit of a slosh. I haven't noticed my boot floor being wet, just down in there. Main thing i don't want to have happen is have it get so high it reaches the boot floor level and gets water in to my amplifiers which are at floor level underneath my false floor.

Greg_Sian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore, VT S 97
I had same problem, both sides leaked, once i re sealed qtr windows it was as water tight as a fishes bum.:thumbsup:

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I have a boot leek, but I can’t understand how it is the quarter windows causing it. All the water is on inside of the boot roof, and when I open it water runs out of the most outer holes either side to the boot latch.

Will resealing the quarter windows fix this problem?

Thanks in advanced.