Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New 97 VSII Commodore

Dougeh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
gday all, just bought it from an auction in WA :) 180,000k's, auto, dark genesis blue,Air conditioning, P/Steer, ABS, Central Lock, Pioneer CD Player, Radio, Jack, Spoiler, Pursuit Rims, and stock under the engine ( besides black painted engine cover +20hp :w00t: ) got it for $3,450 at the auction, had to reregister it +6 months rego, and a few repairs, so $4,700 which I think is a pretty good deal. Would just like to say gday to everyone(again) as this is my first car I am open to any ideas :) and I am yet to have my P's yet, should have them in late July. Is there anyway to check if they are genuine pursuit rims? obviously it is not an ex-pursuit car so they came from somewhere else, but I had a closer look and they may just be the black stock ones painted silver, they are running on 215's so they may just be stock... Heres a few pics.

VSII1.jpg

VSII2.jpg

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Hey looks good mate.. and awesome price!

The rims would just be stockers, not chasers... chasers run 235's from memory.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Well... if I bought that from an auction without any books then I'd first take it for a test drive to see how it runs, then give it a service with new oil + filters and a general mechanical insection...check all hoses and belts for cracks...inspect the age of the coolant...and radiator...check the colour of the transmission fluid...and look for any evident leaks...replacing anything if necessary...also check the brake linings and tyre wear... If nothing else needs attention...then I'd do a few cosmetic tweeks such as exhaust tip and debadging, then I'd get some car mats and seatcovers to freshen up the interior. Then I'd start thinking of what mags to put on it...then lowered springs.
But it all gets back to the first test drive on what I'd do first...if it handles like a boat then I'd look at suspension first....or it brakes like a rollerskate on ice then I'd look at the brakes.

Goodluck with it... :thumbsup:

Dougeh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
yeah its had a service, I know a dealer so he sorted it all out for me :)

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
take good care of her and she'll love you back ^_^

browse around when getting parts upgrades etc you'll get a better deal that way

dont forget to pop off the engine cover [ plastic top ] and check the alternater charging cable to make sure its not erroded away, common fault.

else, enjoy :)