Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

water in boot

D

dale s

I have a VN-VR and it leaks water into the boot,:my: the boot ruber is in good order but I cannot find were the water is getting in.

:confused: Anybody have the same problem?

lsprewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec to Calais
Yeah funny that, I have a VN, and I have fixed nearly all the issues with it except this niggling problem. Havent really investigated it yet, but have found that my boot gets water in it too, the drain holes arent blocked, and the rubber seal like yours is fine too. Hmmmmmm!

maybe i should take a better look

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
i got same prob, mine leaks behind the left boot light, when i have the chance im gonna go at it with some sealant my mech suggested, cant remember name of the stuff, it gets real bad tho, boot reaks big time after it rains and thats with an air freshener there,onli way is to take mat out and dry for a few days. I wish i done it allready cos im looking out side at work and its pissing down, cars gonna reak 2morrow morning:(.

LisnM8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 5Litre
jump in the boot

i Had a Vs sedan with the same problem, so i hoped in the boot got dad to hose down the rear:thumbsup: and found it was coming in via the piece of plastic that extends from one light to the other sorry dont know the technical term, but in the factory they used some sort of double sided tape to keep it water tight but unfortunately it wears with age my solution, silicon, i simply placed a bead of silicon around the exsisting tape and it worked wonders hope that helps guys....

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Most times you will it's coming from the "Opera" windows, which are the fixed windows behind the windows in the rear door. As LisnM8 says, if you get in the boot with a torch and get someone to spray around all the likely points with a high pressure on the hose you can usually find the problem. Take everything out of the boot first. If it's the Opera windows you will see the water coming over the wheel arch near the side of the car. Most of the windscreen places like O'Briens will fix it.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
The piece between the tail lights is called a boot garnish - hopefully mine has been resealed after it was taken out to be colour coded.

I had a leak with a VP - it was leaking from one of the lights, and I found that the rubber seal was cactus. Replaced this and sealed it up with some goo and it fixed it. Seems to be less of a problem with VR-VS.

Not long after and the VP was leaking again, but this time it was coming from the 1/4 glass - obvious from water run marks over the wheel arch and surrounding area. Never got around to fixing that one before I sold the car though...

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
It doesnt rain in QLD anyway. Just come live here. I think I have a boot leak?

OFFiTS

..::kRiiSSi::..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn SS
My VN leaks too!! Mine has no carpet in the back so to stop it filling up and getting rusty I've removed my drain plugs till I get a chance to fix the leak . At least if you remove the drain holes it will get some air in there so it doesnt get mouldy etc.

maff27

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx series 2 berlina
yup my vp leaks too .. pop the seals on the bottom of the boot door in the market for a new vp garnish if anyones selling ;)

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Too easy, get a mate with the hose to go for it while you are inside the boot with a good torch, a join in the rubbers is mostly the problem.