Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn v8 wreak to vr???

94hsv

hi all this has been coverd before i think but haveing troble finding info so here we go,i have been given a vn v8 calais wreak and i have a high milage vr (400000kms) now i want to put the good old 304 in the vr but have few qustions id like to clear up, i know the susp,brakes,exhaust and engine will fit but these ones i not shure about,

1 vn v8 ecu? will this affect the bcm i have been told bcm is lake alarm and seprate like a afftermarket immobilser set u correct?
2 wireing loom from vn? ok ill need this to run the car but in wiring digrams i see the only real differnce between vr v6 and vn v8 is two extra injectors?
also vr is a exc and vn is calais is there a way of useing calais cluster and resetting milage to what body has done?
3 beloved gearbox now i dont have one as is blowen, can the v6 one be used if i have vr ss wireing loom? failing that ill find a vn one put that in till a vr/vs one turns up

im in new zealand the cost of a vr/vshsv clubsport with 200.000kms is around 12-14k at mo so converting my v6 is a option has the kit ect no the sound
anyone who can help out with this thanks alot cheers pete.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
no idea on the first 2 sorry, but with the trans, no a v6 box won't work. as far as I know, the v8 unit is internally tougher, and the input shaft length is different.
to use the vn trans, you'll need a kickdown cable (VR is electronic, not hydraulic) and I wouldn't bother fitting a vr unit it you get the vn box working. in my opinion, there's no benefit to installing an electronic box over a hydraulic.

94hsv

just what i thought so really in threroy i can use vn ecu wiring ect ect and should be ok cheers pete.