Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr V8 Cap & Dizzy leads replacement

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
:b: can anyone tell me how the hell do you get the dizzy cap out from the back of the 5.0 lt V8 motor in my vr ss commy am changing all my leads but cant get cap out from where it sits?? Also where does the coil lead go?

UtelemO

Reaction score
Members Ride
vrv8ute
yeah im in the same boat, need to replace rotor button, dizzies in a prick of a spot, do u need to take apart the injectors? surely theres an easier way....

greatone

vuss
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
u dont need to take anything off u just gotta try really hard to get to it its a realy bitch i did it but it took ages.

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
Could take bolts out of the Eng-mounts if it become's much worse! so it can drop down about 1"-2" will also change the way the leads run down to the plugs, its a lot of pissing around just to do this little job. thanks.

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
Got it done and what a job, just left dizzy cap on and changed the leads seems to be ok will have to change dizzy cap next time and try and remenber were leads go as will have to take dizzy out with leads off to get it out, this is the only way i can think to get it out