Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help wont kick over.....

vr man

Reaction score
hey all
carnt get my car to start i dont know what the problem is.... iv changed spark plugs and leads when i try and kick it over it sounds like its about to start and it just wont... the f***ed thing is that when i pull the spark plugs out they are wet with fuel and they spark... i just dont know what to do plz help as this is my first car..... :b:

adam_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU manual
they say you need 3 things to create combustion, fuel, spark, and air.
sounds like you have already figured out fuel and spark, have a look around the air intake/throttle body for any blockages perhaps?

vr man

Reaction score
yer i have cleaned the throttle body out already i just dont know what it could be.....

adam_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU manual
did you do a throttle body clean before or after it started to happen?

other than that.... umm you definately sure all plugs are sparking? could be a distrubutor problem

vr man

Reaction score
yer i did it both times before and after... yer they spark but i dont know if they might be out of time or something.. what u mean by distrubutor problem??

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
adam_vr said:
did you do a throttle body clean before or after it started to happen?

other than that.... umm you definately sure all plugs are sparking? could be a distrubutor problem

LOL...They stopped putting a distributor on the sixes back with the 202 VK...

I reckon most probablly the crank angle sensor stuffed... do search for the code page on this forum and check what fault code you have...there's a tuto somewhere on here...here it is...

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=22307&highlight=fault+codes

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
The fact that the plugs are wet with fuel could be no spark or that it is dumping to much fuel caused by maybe a faulty temp sensor etc, remove your fuel pump fuse and try and crank and dry them off.
have you checked that all cylinders are sparking?

Just a thought
Name of thread should be not firing as it is kicking over.

Last edited:

vr man

Reaction score
i just found out that some times they spark and some times they dont