Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where the hell is the evaporator drain pipe??

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
I cannot locate it on my VR Statesman??
Does anyone know exactly or have a picture of it so I know what I am looking for?

Thanx in advance for any help

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
in the transmisson tunnel....need a pit or some jacks to get under the car to unblock it

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
jack the car up and the hole is in the trans tunnel as above post, use a coat hanger to unblock (found wiper snipper wire folded in half easier as it is flexible and there is a couple of bends).
if it is still blocked, on the left side below glove box towards the centre console you will see the drain going into the floor (rubber hose) remove this and blow,if its free and the block is in the box you could use a small hole saw above this and clean it out if theres heaps of crap in there and then plug it with a gromet, do the same on other side if req'd, dont park under trees that drop crap!!!

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
oi

still no idea where it is?? does anyone know exactly where the pipe is and what it looks like??

mal62

VR Going Wild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5 Speed Wagon & VS Auto Wagon & 98 VS Statesman
If i remember correctly you won't see a pipe you can just see the drainage hole, if you get under the car have a look at the hump in the body on top of the transmission it should be there

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
stick your head in the passenger footwell look right and see a rubber hose going into the ground on the trans tunnel, this is on a standard A/C, could be different on a stato but shouldn't be to different., if youy can't findit look under the car as above posts.

rosyjo11

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive wagon
stick your head in the passenger footwell look right and see a rubber hose going into the ground on the trans tunnel, this is on a standard A/C, could be different on a stato but shouldn't be to different., if youy can't findit look under the car as above posts.

Just wondering, if the hose comes from the evaporator well, could I flush degreaser up there, followed by a water flush to clean my evaporator? (or even via the drain plug under the car?)

The evaporator is so clogged up, my airflow is nearly non existent with the fan working flat out.

Due to age of the car and other mechanical work about to empty my bank balance I really dont want to pay $1200 to have the dash taken out and it cleaned.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Maybe check the air intake.The air intake for the heater and A/C is located under the black plastic plenum cover under the wipers. You can remove the wipers, remove the black plastic cover and clean the mesh grille under there, as it can get blocked up with old leaves etc and stop a lot of the airflow.

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
so where abouts is the mesh located? on the left and right side near the guard? or in the middle?

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
3c645bd1.jpg

That help ? 2 yellow grommets.