Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Neons to interior light

ozzie_online88

I'm No Superman...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Exec
Hey guys, I want to hook two of my neons up so that when the interior light is on they are on also..any ideas on what to hook it up to and where?

They were previously hooked up to a switch near the ash tray, so somewhere not far from there would be great.

Regards, Rhys

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
put the posative to a perm posative and the neg to 1 of the door switches(they switch earth)

ozzie_online88

I'm No Superman...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Exec
Will that then come on when a door is opend? or when the interior light is on? remembering that the interior light is on a timer

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
They will come on when a door is opened... it will be a on off thing, no delay. Youll have a to jack the leads if you want the same circut... no idea where they are though!

aZk.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
... fTake off your interior light cover, note colours of wires, open fuse bay, find fuse that controls the interior light, look around for similar colour wiring, multimeter it... splice..... thats what i would do anyway...

aZk.

ozzie_online88

I'm No Superman...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Exec
yeah..i might end up doing it that way, just thought someone on here might be able to save me some trouble if they have done this before

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
i put neons in my car i was gonna do it hooked up to the door, but instead i took my cigi lighter out used the power from that, and put a switch in its spot, it was pretty easy cost me 70 bucks including the 6 neons and all the wiring etc

Attachments

• P04-06-06_15.01[1].jpg
    P04-06-06_15.01[1].jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 191
  • P04-07-06_13.jpg
    P04-07-06_13.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 208

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
BERLINAIIVS said:
i put neons in my car i was gonna do it hooked up to the door, but instead i took my cigi lighter out used the power from that, and put a switch in its spot, it was pretty easy cost me 70 bucks including the 6 neons and all the wiring etc

OK, thats good, but what he want to know is which wires to jack so he can utilise the delay on the interior light circut.... i will look in daylight. Fixing my speedo was enough of a pain tonight.

aZK.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
maybe try follow the lil green globes under the passenger and driver footwells, try find the source that activates them?

dunno if this will help just a thought