Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR - VS V6 engines - is the crank different?

Bud

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Shagmobile
I've bought a VR V6 manual wreck with the intention of putting the manual gearbox into my auto VS V6. I've been told that I'll need to buy a different flywheel because Holden changed the crank for the VS. Is this true?
If so, does anyone have a VS V6 manual flywheel they would like to sell me?

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
the crank is different because the 2 motors are different. YOu can buy adaptor plates, possibly from CRS??

MBS206

Reaction score
From what I've been told, they bolt straight on.

Also, what are your plans for the rest of the car?

Bud

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Shagmobile
semi said:
the crank is different because the 2 motors are different. YOu can buy adaptor plates, possibly from CRS??

Sorry you are wrong. The flywheel bolted to the VS crank without a problem. I have now done the complete conversion with a T5 from a VR into a VS auto. Both the VR and the VS have 8 bolt cranks. In future, please only give advice if you have done it yourself. Don't pass on dodgy information you may have heard from others. Thanks. If anyone needs help with their conversion, please ask.

A

AdamIan69

Yes a mate and i also did the VR manual to VS auto conversion, flywheel bolts up fine. i recomend getting better bolts though (if you are looking at driving it hard).

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Also they are not two completely different engines, The ecotech is a improved buick in the VN-VR.