Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guage Dash Face!!!!

harvs01

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6, with 19' VY Maloo Mags
hey guys,

have seen a lot of people and stuff on e-bay on different style guage face plates, has anyone done this to there VS commo and where did you get them from and how good was the fitment of them

if you could let me know and even send pics would be nice

thanks guys

smickvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S V6 s3 m5 ute VN=WRITE OFF
got this one for my vn but then it got smashed up so its in my vs ute now & ppl always comment on it.

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 218

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
also not a vs but its all the same......looks better at night but i need some led's to light up my needles a little better

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    576 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    386.4 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    383.9 KB · Views: 193

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
click on my signicture and check it out

cunners3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VSII Wagon
lsprewell said:
Well its not a VS, but that don't matter.

This is what I have done so far, not hard at all.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=34569

I Don't warrant paying heaps of money for the ebay ones when anyone can do it at home.....

What did u print it on? Normal paper? Photo paper? then was it just a bit of scapel work to cut out the numbers etc? Cheers!

lsprewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec to Calais
cunners3 said:
What did u print it on? Normal paper? Photo paper? then was it just a bit of scapel work to cut out the numbers etc? Cheers!

Ok all testing was done on professional photo paper, but the finished product is best done using OHT's(Over Head Transparancy sheets). Using a multi layered effect (3 layers) base layer being black and writing and numbers you want luminated being clear. Than second layer (middle) has your colours in it along with black again to help further block back light from unwanted areas.
Than the final layer (top) is your surface layer with all the finished look. You can make numbers and stuff u want colored by light on the middle oht and still have a different surface color. The backlight will overide the outside color if you do it right.

Best thing to do is lay it all out, decide on your surface and work backward from there (Have a bit of a think about the lighting as well)

I will take some pics of the OHT's and put them up in My Ride this week for people to look at.

Hope this helps.

harvs01

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6, with 19' VY Maloo Mags
smickvn said:
got this one for my vn but then it got smashed up so its in my vs ute now & ppl always comment on it.

yeah i've seen this one before it looks awesome. where did you get it from and did you design it yourself,

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Do a search, covered this b4.

smickvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S V6 s3 m5 ute VN=WRITE OFF
harvs01 said:
yeah i've seen this one before it looks awesome. where did you get it from and did you design it yourself,

got it of ebay for $75 plus $15 for a matching white panel to go in the centre where the heating/cooling switches are