Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vr too low?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
ive got pedders superlows all round on my vr commy and ive also got shorter pedder spring insulators, which has dropped the height a fair bit. i recently got 17" hsv mags on with 235 45 tyres on and needed to get the gaurds rolled and the panhard rod adjusted (as was rubbing on a tyre)

(ive got the sports ryder panhard rod, struts, shockies etc)

now that all that is done, when i hit a bump in road (or have extra weight in back/full car) my car bottoms out i think..

i dont fully understand what bottoming out means, could some one explain, and if my car is doin this,is there any way to stop it!?

thanks in advance, Fitzy

femno

Reaction score
Members Ride
98VS
bottoming out - when the suspension cannot lower anymore, no more travel, eg hitting the bump stops.

fix - dont lower it! or not as much. But im sure it looks good so just live with it.

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
drive slower? I know I'm going to scrape. Hell, I already scrapy my driveway at standard height, theres no way I'll be getting in there with superlows! Damn council, fix the effin footpath would you? Tree roots = huge bulge = bye bye nice exhaust :(

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
well i suppse you would feel a real bottom out as a heavy thump with a jolt going though the car. maybe load your car [ boot and a couple of mates in back ] and check the clearence[sp?] but dont do that with you under the car, could spell disaster.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
if you are hitting bumpstops, maybe look at getting shorter bumpstops, that will at least stop some of it.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
hm ok, ill look into it, an yea im pretty sure its hitting the bump stops :(

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
hint: drive extremely slow over bumps, etc ;)

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
ye i want details!! how much did it all cost ya..n is the bottom out bad?? i wanna drop my car on its tits but i dont wanna cringe when i go ova lil bumps n feel like i left my exhaust behind!! its a nice exhaust!!!!

A

AdamIan69

I put pedders super lows on my calais yeh i do bottom out, only on back/**** roads though, and i found that the car is hitting the bump stops. Also good things come at a price, if you dont wont to take the long way around the shopping centre and miss the speed humps then dont get super lows.