Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Calais radio

Col74

Col74
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S2 V6
Hi Guys,
I'm chasing a VS Calais Radio (model mcc8491v) and stacker (model 1030) in very good working condition. Any out there???
Thanks.

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
Not sure on part numbers , i've got the original out of my series II calais....
Tape deck and 10 stack CD player....

jgupte

Jughead
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive/VN Project
Looking For A CD STacker

Hi guys,
I too am looking for a 10 CD Stacker and the associated hardware/cables to fit to my VXII wagon. Anyone have one for sale? Or know where I can get a good cheap one?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Don't waste your time and money. The calais I bought in Feb had a faulty stacker. A problem with the laser. Would have cost me $70 just to get a repairer just to look at it then obviously more for parts and labour. Stuff that! I bought a 2nd hand one off ebay for $160 that had just been serviced. That lasted a week and the drive motor started playing up. At the same time the stock radio ate a tape and the eject button didn't work. After a month of only radio I got jack of it and bought a new Pioneer head unit on sale for only $240. The sound quality of a stock holden system will never compare to that of a quality aftermarket head unit. I've had Pioneer in my last car with stock VS speakers and always get great sound. Please don't waste your money like i did

:b:

jgupte

Jughead
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive/VN Project
Thanks, but my wife is really keen to keep the steering wheel controls (it is actually her car, I drive a VN) and I have read that there is quite a bit of stuffing around to convert them for another unit. Is that true?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I don't know how much stuffing around there is but it is possible. A good head unit like a pioneer will have a remote control anyway. I think there is a unit made by a company called stinger. Called a cat-09 or something similar. The steering wheel controls act as the remote and a transmitter is mounted somewhere hidden in the car like the interior light. I made an enquiry once and was told about $190 installed. Do a search here and see what you can find.