Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Diff wanted and tailshaft query

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
First, I want to know if anyone has a 3.45 or 3.7 ratio IRS LSD diff for sale, and what revs have people got at 100km/h from either diff installed? I want one so I have better take off. The 3.08 is good for highway but im not on the highway all the time.

Second, Can a later model diff be used in a VS? Ive heard of lopping off the extension so it fits the tailshaft with the round flange????

Third, Can a straight tailshaft be used instead of the half shaft? And where do I get one if I can use it

The car I have is a VS Sedan with Auto and 5 litre

Cheers

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
i can tell u that i have had a kingswood tail shaft shortend and it didnt even need balancing. the kingswood tail shaft are 3 inch in diameter but heavy.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
you can then put any yoke on the end of the tail shaft u like

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
I was thinking that, I had a premier with a chev . . should have kept it, ALOT quicker than the 5 litre ;)

Anyway, ive got aircon, p/s, elec options . . .

The tailshaft sounds like the go, ive got my old chev pipe still here so I might get that cut. Ill check the angles and length so I can ditch the half shaft as it takes some power away. More reliable too if the angles are correct . . .

Cheers

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
this was in a earlier model commy but its pretty much the same under the car it was a heavily worked 5 liter u'll never flogg out a center bearing again just uni joints