Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is my wheel gonna full off and brake question

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
i have a vs commodore and me and my mates just put new mags - VT champs - and a set of dba slotted and drilled rotters with new pads on

first question is how much is a hub to replace or the bolts on the hubs becasue when pulling off the front drivers wheel the bolts were really had to get off and we have found that the bolts are stripped. we manged to get everything back on but i don't think its safe to drive so i need a new hub and just needed some adviced on cost and anything else.

second with the brakes when i brake hardish theres like a ticking noise, only when braking, we were thinking becuase the rotors are slotted and theres a slot in the middle of the brake pads when they rub they make this ticking noise buy i just want to ask if anyone knows about the rotors or is it something we have done becasue everything seems to work or could it be the wheel?

thanks

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
the ticking noise (sounds a bit like crickets) is the pad sliding over the holes. its normal.

the studs are pressed in. you can just hammer them out and get new ones. make sure you buy new nuts too.

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Just be careful wen u take em out, cause i stuffed the hubs in my old VS tappin the disc to get it off.
Nice vibrations when turning. . . .

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
all good we replaced the studs cost about 16 bucks