Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cooling troubles

B

blueballs

hey dudes;
my vsv6 is sometimes slack to start(have to hit key 2or3times) when i took the radiator cap off and let it heat up bubbles appeared..i don't think its the head gaskets could it be the valley gasket????oil is clean with no signs of contamination (water or grit)and what do i do to confirm my suspicions...:b:

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
blueballs said:
hey dudes;
my vsv6 is sometimes slack to start(have to hit key 2or3times) when i took the radiator cap off and let it heat up bubbles appeared..i don't think its the head gaskets could it be the valley gasket????oil is clean with no signs of contamination (water or grit)and what do i do to confirm my suspicions...:b:

Is air getting into the system somehow? Are you running the correct mix of 50/50 water and coolant concentrate? If it is running hot then also check your radiator cap, thermostat, and water pump, to make sure they are all working properly.

For the slack starting, the battery in your key might be flat, or it is not making proper contact with the ring around the ignition barrel.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You can get the coolant checked for combustion gas contamination from a leaky head gasket - better radiator places can do this for you. If it proves negative then look elesewhere. Good Luck.

sam__kent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Maybe also your thermo fans aren't cutting in? My brother has had to have his fan relay replaced twice now I think.

I just had my thermostat replaced after 2 over-heats in traffic. It was getting stuck closed.