Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

save on fuel ???

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
I nominate you to test it! Basically any search for "save fuel" on ebay just returns crap that doesn't work. It does look legit though - I'd definately buy it if it works!!! Not going to spend $80 till i'm sure though

Fatboy

Reaction score
Plus the fact you have to cut your spark leads INDIVIDUALLY. I could see all sorts of problems right there.

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
Im not to sure about it there so many factors that would affect the car.

This statement for example states that "The Stromberg High Frequency Converter improves the spark by changing a single spark to multiple sparks instantaneously (multi spark discharge). More spark = better burning of the fuel in the cylinder = improved performance and fuel savings."

The spark from the spark plug is sufficient to ignite the petrol to create combustion, i dont believe that simply changing the type of spark would increase power and decrease fuel consumption. In this situation its the actual petrol that would determine the amount of power it would discharge into energy via combustion.

Also changing the sparking sequence into a "multi spark discharge" is quite ambiguous; what type of spark? what type of sequence?
The actual spark plug need to the change to create a "multi spark discharge instantaneously" or what correctly should be stated "Simultaneously"
The actual spark needs to be in sync with the piston so when ignited the petrol is combusted, "muti sparking" from what i understand would create ping or knocking of the pistons which will actualy damage it. Why would another spark need to be created when the first spark would already ignite the petrol. And if so the spark plug did create multi sparks simultaneously there is only enough petrol there to discharge the combustible energy into power.

One more thing creating a "multiple sparks instantaneously" or "multi sparks simultaneously" would result in the spark plug being changed, how is it that a spark plug which is desinged to create a single spark suddenly be creating multiple sparks? and how can we be sure that these sparks are sparking simultaneously some form of calibration needs to be done.

Well thats just my analysis of it, the info given of the product is very vauge and ambiguous more info is needed to actualy clarify what the product is actualy doing.

Cheers Rob

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I think these were called "spark gap devices" - all they basically do is introduce a gap in the spark plug cable which the electricity has to jump before it reaches the sparkplug. They've been around in one form or another since the thirties and plenty of suckers have bought them over the years. Like inlet swirl devices, magnets and tin catalysts they all cannot be proven....and never have been by any reputable test. Ask yourself why they are not fitted to new cars.

F

flipsyde

cacaman - thats a lot of writtin i wouldnt of done that. Cheers. I would like to know if they really do work tho i dont like tha idea of cuttin **** unda ur hood. but yea at least that one looks half legit uther than tha rest of tha **** ya see on ebay

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Maybe its just me, but doesnt every single thing on the page scream scam. 20% power increase. Thats on every clip-on mod around. They must think you can spend $100 on a few of these mods and turn a V6 into a 300kW GTS

BadSeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Berlina Wagon
someone with spare money and time should sit down, buy all these add on crap mods and test for changes, ie: power increase, fuel consumption

and say which ones valid!

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Ive got some invisible paint if anyone interested.