Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Firing Order V6 VR

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
hey guys, just chaning the spark plus in my VR V6 can anyone please tell me in what order does the plugs fire in??

Car seems to be only running on 5 Cyls now

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
1-6-5-4-3-2

1-3-5 are the left bank
2-4-6 are the right bank
AirStrike :air:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Make sure the plug cable is pressed fully home on the sparkplug - if it is a bit difficult to slide on put some silicone grease or WD40 on the plug.

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
AirStrike Thnk you so much for that information...it help me ALOT...

have a good one

Brock Murphy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Super Charged
Hi fellow Holden lovers. I have a 97 Super Charged Calais. I recently upgraded the memcal with an XU6 version. It seems to have made quite a bit of difference in power and redlines a lot more aggressively. I also get some mild backfiring when I hit about 4000 RPM. This also used to occur before I upgraded the chip, but now it is a lot more intense. I have recently changed the plugs and leads, but this seems to have made no difference. Could it be my exhause?? I am running a factory three inch. Cheers.:blah blah:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Hi fellow Holden lovers. I have a 97 Super Charged Calais. I recently upgraded the memcal with an XU6 version. It seems to have made quite a bit of difference in power and redlines a lot more aggressively. I also get some mild backfiring when I hit about 4000 RPM. This also used to occur before I upgraded the chip, but now it is a lot more intense. I have recently changed the plugs and leads, but this seems to have made no difference. Could it be my exhause?? I am running a factory three inch. Cheers.:blah blah:

Good dig, doesn't really have anything to do with a VR V6 though does it?

I doubt it's your exhaust, and I doubt your exhaust is factory. Start your own thread and you will get a better response.