Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spool/Mini-Spool VS LSD

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
whats the go guys. i want some opinions on which is more effective, and which is more street drivable Spool/Mini-Spool or LSD. iv read up about both adn it seam that LSD dosnt work quite as effectivly as a Spool/Mini-Spool but it produces far less wear on your car. the Spool/Mini-Spool make both the rear wheels allways spin at the rate which helps in one aspect but it damages your axels and other wheel related components more quickly than normal. id love to hear from any one who has either of these,
cheers fellas.

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
This exact thread was on here a while ago... I think it might be in the VN/VP section - same idea!

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
bump.....iv searched but i havnt found all pros and cons.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
have a look into the KAAZ mechanical LSD, it is a bit pricey, but they're damn good.
basically it is the best of both worlds, you get your factory style handling for corners, parking,and in the wet...but when you want the LSD you've got it too.
unlike a cone-and-seat style LSD it uses a series of clutch packs, so at low-power speed it acts just like a stocky...but put the foot down and the rear wheels will lock together.
its a much more streetable way to put power to the ground than a spool or mini-spool.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
Didnt wana start a new thread...

Question. i have a vs acclaim with irs, whats the go with getting an lsd in a car with irs? does it make any difference? im not really that knowledgable in technical stuff so any info would be good.

Cheers,
Luke

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
sircruisealotVS said:
have a look into the KAAZ mechanical LSD, it is a bit pricey, but they're damn good.
basically it is the best of both worlds, you get your factory style handling for corners, parking,and in the wet...but when you want the LSD you've got it too.
unlike a cone-and-seat style LSD it uses a series of clutch packs, so at low-power speed it acts just like a stocky...but put the foot down and the rear wheels will lock together.
its a much more streetable way to put power to the ground than a spool or mini-spool.

cheers for all the info fellas, yeh i love what the spools do but from what people have said they r to dangerousm (in wet espechialy) and they cost $$$ in axcels and tyres. looks like i mite b headin down teh LSD track insted.
out of interest what do those "KAAZ mechanical LSD" cost to buy and to install?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
around about $2k...as i said, they arent cheap, but people i know who have one say its worth it...ill be investing in one down the track, when ive got some money again,lol. (just spent over $7k on my engine, so im a bit broke)