Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rim repair

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
Hi guys

Ive got two bucked rims and i was wondering how much it would cost to get the edges rolled back to the way they were?

Bloody pot holes!!!! arrrr

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If they are steel rims it would be cheaper to get secondhand ones from a wrecker. If they are mag or alloy rims then I don't think it is legal to repair them but I could be wrong.

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
i dont care if its illegal lol i dont want them buckled! they are alloy mags

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
VSRUMBLE said:
i dont care if its illegal lol i dont want them buckled! they are alloy mags
WTF? Whats illegal about repairing a mag/alloy rim? Ofcourse they can be repaired.Just let your fingers do to walking mate.I've had one done on my driveway.A member!!! of my clan drove it into a gutter.Cost me $85.Repaired 'n balanced.

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
That sounds better. Were they like brand new? Did you just scrape them or buckled them?

Cheers

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
hako said:
If they are steel rims it would be cheaper to get secondhand ones from a wrecker. If they are mag or alloy rims then I don't think it is legal to repair them but I could be wrong.

it is legal to get them repaired as long as the person is qualified to do it, I got my GTS rims(alloy) repaired and they are great. If you go to a wrecker to get rims id say be very very carefull, and if need be take them and get them spun to see if they are straight, cause most wheels ive seen at wreckers have had some sort of problem somewhere, thats not to say that you cant get ones that are just fine.

As for how much to get rims fixed, well my GTS ones were $100 each thats for a complete fix and re-spray.

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
oh and the other thing with alloy is if its buckled then it needs to be broken and re-welded with an alloy welder. If you try and just knock the buckle out all that happens is you will either break the wheel where the buckle was or that area will be weakened and could break at any time, so get someone that knows what they are doing to do it.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Place at surfers does them if your in QLD. About $100, just about any ding or scratch.