Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PAiNT JoB!!!

F

flipsyde

gday just wonderin wat a paint job will cost me my commodore is currently got a white commodore and wanna change tha colour. Will it be needed to be sand back 1st before they spray? i spose when it does chip it will chip white if they do spray over tha existing paint. Anyway I wanna blow at least 3500 on a new paint job sumthin diffrent that u dont usually see on a VS commodore... anyway help would be cool and show us some pics of commodores wid custom paint u rekon would look sick:drink: :driving:

00VRO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
don't expect much for $3500. I charge around $4500 to $5000 for a basic colour change. And yes the car has to be sanded, dents removed, stripped and a whole lot more. Thats why i say don't expect much for $3500.

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
On the topic of spraying, what's better? Sanding or stripper?

00VRO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
It's what ever needs to be done. It doesn't really matter.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i dont honestly see the point of a respray unless its really needed, its way to expensive to change colour, i mean think of wat else you coul do with the $$$

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Maybe a pearl over the top of the origional white?

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
your looking at about 6500 drive in drive out if u got mirrors door handles bodykit and small odds and bodds sprayed and fitted

F

flipsyde

Yeah 00VR0 how much would it cost me for a pearl over the white? ive seen a white vl with a red pearl that looked **** but my mates 200sx has a killa white pearl

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
it all depends on quality man, how good do you want the job to be?
the current state of your body panels and paint will also come into play when working out the cost as the paint work would need to be rubbed back and resprayed white again for a decent end result with the pearl.

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold for scrap :(
What about if your colour is faded to all Hell ?

Like my VR is dark blue (I think it's called midnight blue)

and well its hammered faded all over and along the sides of the roof its bare metal, needs a new bonnet due to a kangaroo hit.

So to respray the same colour on the car and fix the lil dents around it how much are you roughly looking at ?

16.jpg