Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ecotec needs more power

Finnsk3

Reaction score
I have a dyno day coming up with tas commodores and I need to squeeze as much power out of my ecotec as I can.

I have a VS-S and only had it for a few weeks so I haven't been able to do alot.

so far 2.5" lukey exhaust, POD and performance memcal but I need to get more power out of it. I have a few weeks till dyno day so I am looking at bolt-ons but I dont have alot of money to spent either, under $1000.

can you all shot me some ideas.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
extractors are good :) im getting some fitted on my vr today(non ecotec) along with mildly worked heads next fortnite(bit over 1 grand) but just some ideas. few ppl have done it but not sure if makes any difference but a cai with pod could work too

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
for under a grand you could do one of the following...extractors and hi-flow cat...high ratio roller rockers...cam grind (hmm,maybe a little more than a grand for that)...and if you didnt want to do that, you could just get some good new leads and plugs and get your injectors cleaned and flow matched.
all those things will improve the figures on a dyno run.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
a CAI wont do a great deal for you on the dyno....i tell you that 1.8 HR yellaterra rockers give a fair bit more power in the top end.....i have pacemakers, stock cat with a hurricane cat back system-with berklee high flow muffler, the aforementioned 1.8 high ratio rockers, a modified MAF meter, smoothed throttle body, plenum and intake and a chopped up air box with a stock air filter and it makes 127Kw at the tyres.....on a stock tune...
i am tossing up the idea of changing the cam and putting in a stroker crank and chasing 200Kw at the wheels....i would be sort of happy with that.