Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Error codes Help please

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
last week i got the aldl connector off here, and using efilive i got the error codes. it shows up 13 which is O2 missing, and then 14-17 which are ECT related with volts high volts low and volts unstable, and then on top of those
19,21,22 which are TPS stuck, volts low and volts high. my fuel economy is crap to say the least, but when i look at the dashboard display on efilive the O2 senors(well im assuming that its the O2 sensors correct me if im wrong) the O2 sensors are giving off a signal that changes the values.
screen shot is just after going off throttle can someone tell me if im right in assuming i need new O2 sensors, ECT sensor and TPS?
dash display
Error codes

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
That is a lot of stuff to go wrong. I'd be wondering about the state of your computer or some of the harness wiring.

mike

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
yeah thats what i was thinking, looks like some of the wiring has been redone fairly recently:(:(

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Clear the error codes and recheck in a week. Dont worry about anything that hasnt come up after that. Use a paper clip to pull the codes. Get yourself a decent manual.

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
got a haynes manual, got the error codes using one of michealw's aldl connectors and efilive v4 so i erased the codes then they came back again,

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Very good. Now I would just go through the manual for each code. You will probably find that one problem can cause several of the error codes. Dont know what the haynes manual is like, but the gregorys goes step by step checking each fault.

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
just had a look and it is a gregorys manual i have, and it does have all the eroor codes and how to test them, dont ask mw why i didnt think to check that first. but the look of it the TPS and ECT sensors are connected, which should have that problem covered.
one question though 13 is for the right hand O2 sensor, thought i better check is it RH when looking at the car or RH from the drivers seat?