Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine light warning with code 12?

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
hey ppl. i installed a l3 dash in my vs exec. on the long wknd. today went i kicked it over the engine light stayed on. did a error code check all fine??

could this have something to do with my D.I.Y or is a sensor gone but not showing?

thanks

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
isnt 12 all clear??

chrisco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec 5 speed
How many times did it come up with 12? Usually mine comes up with 12 first and then the actual error codes after that

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
yeh thats wat i thought but i waited a few times, tried again and still code 12. car is running perfect, not in limp mode or running hot.

has anyone experienced this before?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
cood be flat key battery or the key reader on the barrell

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
it will flash 12 12 12 and then it will come up with any errors. if there arent any errors it will just pause and flash 12 12 12 again. Your car is fine mate, dont worry about it

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
reread your post and it sounds like you must have stuffed something installing your l3 dash cluster

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
a mate said he had the same problem. i turned out to be his efi module and coil pack?? is there anyway i could check this myself without going to holden?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Its dfi mate, not efi. And the coil packs sit on the dfi module. They are pretty reliable. More likely to be a crank angle sensor, as it runs into the dfi module. Get yourself a decent manual, it will give step by step instructions on checking your coil packs. Basically a resistance reading, so you need a multimeter too. DFI module you wont be able to check. But if there was a loose connection on the side of it that could give you the problems. DFI module, coil pack and crank angle sensor will usually throw error codes at you though, so I dont think it would be the problem anyway. Far more likely that the problem is with the instrument cluster installation. If its possible put your other one back in and see if the problem goes away. Dont go blaming engine parts and start looking at all the expensive fixes, its far more likely to be a self-inflicted problem, especially if you have been changing parts. Make sure you read everything. You sound like youre a person who hears half a story and worries themself when it doesnt make sense (ie checking error codes).