Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

argh.. cant be normal!!

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
alritey so when i first start the car n im on my way, my steering moans.. and its gettin louder n louder as it gets colder n colder outside... is this just a crappy vr thing or should i be worried??? :confused:
also, with this whole "longer lasting" petrol thing, is it wrong for my car to be hating its guts?? i think i filled up at a place that dishes it the other day n its gr8 that the gauge hardly moves but its bad enough my car moans - now it runs rough as guts as well!!

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
ok, well the power steering is only worth worrying about if you're loosing p/s fluid or it is very hard to turn the steering wheel.
as for the petrol, personally i wouldnt use a shell fuel in my car (EVER!)...so just use up the tank you've got now and dont use it again...maybe even change the fuel filter if your that worried.

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Probably all u have to do to fix groan is lubricate the grommet where the steering column goes though the firewall with grease, on the the engine bay side.:thumbsup:

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
when i wiggle my steering slightly to the left is squeaks bad...like when losely holding the wheel it squeaks over every bump in the road...would it be the grommet to...i have done a bit of fiddling around with the stalks (fixing cruise control) and i dunno if that did something...?

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
I guess you can only try :thumbsup: Depending on weather condition, you may have to do this every few months.

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
I wonder who told ya guys about teflon on the dry weather seal on the steering colum ?

Hmmm ?