Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help: Which Monroe Shocks?

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
As mentioned above, I need to get some rear shocks for my Senator and Im a bit confused as to which Monroe shocks to get. The options are the GT Gas and the Sensa-trac. They seem exactly the same to me. Obviously I want something that will handle better and still have good comfort. Thanks in advance.

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Nah not the same, Sensa Trac will be more expensive and a better choice if money is not an option.

I have the GT gas shocks on the wagon and they tend to make the ride slightly harder and ya feel most all small bumps, rocks etc a tad more, all gas shocks do that, but they work OK.

Have not tried the others but for the $ the want they would want to be better.

Either way, it will pay in handling respects to have the same type of shock / strut combination on all 4 corners, gas at the back and oil only damped at the front will make it handle at less than optimal, although it will work NP if your not after total performance.

In older days the good old 327 monaro oil only heavy duty shocks were definitely the best ya could get for performance based holdens, but it's very different now with much different upgraded suspension systems.

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
Thanks mate, I do have gas Monroes up the front Im pretty sure anyway. With your GTs, did they make a huge difference over stock?

zacz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Quicksilver Monaro CV8Z M6
gday mate

im looking at some adjustable KYB AGX shock absorbers for my Monaro in the next few weeks...will let you know how it goes!