Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window Tint

What should I go with?

• Tint-a-car Midnight Black

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Other 35% Window Tint

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

ozzie_online88

I'm No Superman...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Exec
Hey guys and girls, I have read through the forums and it looks like 35% is the max window tint you can get, after ringing a few different places that all quoted around $200 I came across Tint-a-car which has a midnight black tint which they claim is darker than other tints but costs nearly twice as much. Just wondering what your opinion on this is and what you think I should go with?

Regards, Rhys

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Ask if you can have a look for a comparison. Having said that don't beleive the marketing they provide you.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
its called midnight express :p ive had both my vs's tinted with it and i had my vt tinted with it very nice tint it cost me about $350 to get the vs sedan tinted including a strip off, of the old tint $200 to get the ute tinted and about $300 to get the vt tinted been very happy with it but i think they had a newbie do the tint on my ute and the back windows a bit funny i never really had the time to go back and get it done under warranty

ozzie_online88

I'm No Superman...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Exec
Can you post some pics? I wana get my car tinted soon, but still not sure whether midnight express is worth the extra $

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
get whats legal i say i got 35% on mine or is that midnight stuff legal to ? if it is go that. Darker is better but you don't want to get booked for it and get told to take it off i think cops have special things that can check the legality of window tint but it's up to you.

ozzie_online88

I'm No Superman...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Exec
Yeah, midnight express is legal, and they claim its blacker than tints from other places so thats what im trying to find out..whether there bullshitting me or not

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
how black is midnight express? Is it legal in NSW?

ozzie_online88

I'm No Superman...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Exec
Apparently its 35%, but they use special stuff so that it looks darker than others, that’s what they claim anyways

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
they use a metallic film or something heres some pics, heh they have adverts all the time on the radio of like a cop pulling a dude over and the dudes like you pulled me over because of my tint hey ? and hes like yeah is that the new midnight express its really dark and the guys like yep and hes like cool and yeah

Last edited: