Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

air flow advice

bryn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR COMMODORE UTE
im currently improving the air flow in my 95 v6 vr ute. Iv bin told that a pod filter would work great but iv also bin told that cold air induction would be the best. any ideas? Im goin to wack on a 2 1/2 inch exuast also. lukey or redback? thanks.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Ooh a pod vs panel debate.

Pods will suck in hot air therefore air is less dense and has less oxygen.

Cai Will bring in cold air and therefore more oxygen.

I would go an S/C cai, it will cost you 50 bucks from holden or a wrecker and IMO will be better than a pod. Both will flow around the same volume of air.

Also I would go a lukey. Better sound.

Steve.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
hmmm....interesting topic. one where there are a hell of a lot of opinions and a lot of proven methods, albeit flanked by methods that simply do not and never will contribute to better airflow.
to make it simple, forget the pod filter, use a good standard panel filter, get a cold air intake if you have some spare cash and go for the proven extractors, i have pacemakers and a 'hurricane' 2.5 inch system which uses a berklee high flow muffler....it is a nice note, i actually would like it a touch louder, so i am going to experiment with some different mufflers, maybe even just a resonator and see how that goes.....

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Do a search, we cover a pod vs cai debate every week. Seems like it anyway.