Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Camber kit available? What the?!?!

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Went to my local TyrePower this afternoon (in Sydney) for some prices on new tyres for the VS. The rears have been wearing on the inside as most IRS do. I made a comment that "I should get a camber kit fitted..." and the guy behind the counter told me I can't fit a camber kit to the rear of a VS because they don't make them for a VS. HOWEVER, he did tell me that I can get a camber kit fitted to the front. WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! I questioned him about it but I walked out of there feeling like a total dick.

...one more thing... I asked about changing to 225/55/16 (currently have 215/60/16). The guy tells me I should be running 225/50 as 215/60 are only standard on new modern cars. Bull crap. I read the tyre placard under the bonnet when I got home and it clearly states 215/60. The tyre size calculator on the net here shows that with 225/50 my speedo will be 5km/h out of whack. Someone that works in a tyre store should be better informed.

Last edited:

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
what an idiot. go somewhere else, where they know what theyre doing. You certainly can get a camber kit for IRS VS's. Did he know it was IRS??

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
semi said:
what an idiot. go somewhere else, where they know what theyre doing. You certainly can get a camber kit for IRS VS's. Did he know it was IRS??

He sure did. When I told him about the inside rears wearing I made the comment of "Typical Holden IRS". Also the fact that I told him it was a VS Calais. Enough said.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Last edited:

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
hay mate yeah scotts auto one has a kit think its about 150 thats front and back