Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs aircon

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
hay today i noticed my ac isnt working i had a look and found the pump isnt getting power i checked the fuse its fine relay is fine im getting power though the switch but not power at the relay any thoughts what it might be??? its really pissing me of i keep foging up.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Slow down a bit big fella. OK air con not working. Do you mean FAN isnt working. Does fan work on any levels? If some levels but not others could be fan speed resistor. One relay to check inside the car is the IGNITION RELAY. My fan wasnt working at all and traced the fault to the ignition relay. I dont know why its called the ignition relay, nothing to do with the ignition at all, everything to do with the fan. Let me know how you go and ill help you solve this problem. What do you mean by the pump anyway? Theres no pump in the fan circuit.

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
fan works on all settings but the ac pump clutch isnt getting power if u dont know the ac pump on the engine its going to be hard for u to solve this one

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The compressor clutch (ac pump) will not get power if the refrigerant is low - this stops it self-destructing. You could try running power directly to the clutch to see if it engages or locate the hi/low pressure switch and bridge the connections. If the compressor engages with the terminals bridged then this means the low pressure switch is cutting the power because the refrigerant is low.

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
thanks yeah i just changed the pump as the old one died and havent gased it yet so thats y it dont work