Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When Changing Injectors

FREESTYLE_MX

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Ute
Hi,
I am trying to change my injectors, but I need a question answered. In the black fuse box, on the left hand side of the engine bay, do I need to take out the fuel plug like you do when you change the fuel filter? I`m asking, as I went to take the black hose, thats connected to the fuel rails, on the right hand side, off, and fuel sprayed out. Any help or pointers would be great.

Cheers Ash

adam_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU manual
I guess thats always an option, though ive never done that to change the fuel filter either. just got something to catch the fuel so it doesnt go everywhere, the fuel does stop coming out after a few seconds.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Definitely remove the fuel pump relay and run the engine till she stops. The fuel in the line is under high presure and you only need one good squirt in your eye or up your nose or wherever and you will be cactus. Cheap insurance.

FREESTYLE_MX

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Ute
Thanks for the replies. I`ll be sure to remove the fuel relay. Thanks again

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
If you havent started it since it should be pretty fine now! Even after de pressurising, I still got a bit of a spray

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
hako said:
Definitely remove the fuel pump relay and run the engine till she stops. The fuel in the line is under high presure and you only need one good squirt in your eye or up your nose or wherever and you will be cactus. Cheap insurance.

should this be the part where good safety measure like safety glasses and not sticking your face up close to things should be mentioned?