Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much do u think?

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Hey guys just wondering how much would all this cost me if u could give me a idea.(for a mechanic to do it all)

Motor belt
Flush the radiator
2 back tyres
new brakes front and back
wheel balancing

Need this done on my VR S1 1994

Thanks guys
Dragz.

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
brakes are bloody expensive if you get the mechani to do it. Speaking from experience. What happened to the car for it to need all that?!?!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
SlyVR said:
motor belt should cost 20bucks so iam guesing 10-15bucks to install it
flush the radiator - 100-150bucks
new breaks? nfi i know new pads are 40bucks each so add a bit more on for someone to do it
wheel balancing cost 40bucks

:)

100-150 bucks for radiator flush? damn thats rather rich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Dragz said:
Hey guys just wondering how much would all this cost me if u could give me a idea.(for a mechanic to do it all)

Motor belt
Flush the radiator
2 back tyres
new brakes front and back
wheel balancing

Need this done on my VR S1 1994

Thanks guys
Dragz.

dont take ya care to a mechanic to get tyres done or a wheel balancing, they will just sting ya more for doing it compared to going to a tyre mob.

As for the radiator flush, if you dont need a pressure test then do it yourself. Drain the radiator by dropping the bottom hose and once empty, fill with water, run car, drain again, if you wanna run radiator flush u can get them from anywhere (i have used the nulon one in the past), add new coolant to prescribed quantity add water. Run for a bit and open the bleed valve on top of thermostat and leave open till no more air comes out. Close valve and top up with water and all done.

I used to manage a workshop so i know for a fact that when it comes to cars etc if you can do it yaself then you should. You will save big $$$$

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
jack.mcintyre said:
brakes are bloody expensive if you get the mechani to do it. Speaking from experience. What happened to the car for it to need all that?!?!
Nothing happen to the car it just didnt have it changed yet and i have2 press the brakes quite hard for them to start braking and for the belt the cars been in garage for about 2 years so its got cracks and for the radiator well it says it all the car beign in the garage for 2 years made the water very rusty looking...for tyres lol litle burnouts to waste em as i thought i was gonna get Rims but i didnt so i f*cked up there hahaha...
wheel balancing i need coz i went ova this big hole at 100km/h i couldnt avoid it coz the road was very skinny and cars on the other side of the road..so yea no way of avoiding it..
about doing the flushing my self i might aswell ...i had the pressure test done a week ago and its fine just need to flush it...i did flush it once like 2 months ago but all i did was undo the hose at the bottom of the radiator and let the water fall out and then put hose in high pressure thinking it might clean it putting it back together and just filling it up and leaving it...now ill do it proply and how long does that take?ill just follow the how to guide of flushing a vs radiator...or is it different and if it is can some one tell me step by step how to do it...the best one coz the water is rusted....oh yes i got very very bad fuel economy i get like 250k's on a full tank what the heck is wrong with my car :mad: its done 166,000K's oh and yes i got a exhaust leak how much is it to fix that?...
Thanks Guys.

Dragz.