Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

putting two head units into a VS

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
I'm after some pics of two HU in a vs commodore becasue i want to use my HU i've got now was looking at getting a screen

anybody now how to do it and what has to be done

thanks

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
Im looking at doing this soon, as i have a tv screen and a h/u...
anyway im pretty sure that you need to cut the coin tray out of the radio surround but im not to sure of what needs to be done after that?
I know some guys on here have done it so if they could give some pointers thatd be great

Nick

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8

fuel_within

Chief Executive
Reaction score
Members Ride
CUSTOM VS
G'day,
Been there done that. You do have to cut the coin tray. keep the sides on though so u can screw the head unit to the plastic or you could make up metal brackets and mount it properly. I'll have to take a pic and show you's, but at the moment i'm pretty flat out with work.

P.S. This has been in the forums before, but i can't find the link.

Have fun!!!

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hey,

Yeah did it myself, there's a thread in the Car audio thread I think. What you do is just chop the coin tray sides lengthways, so the HU has something to sit it and secure to. Might was to also drill some holes in the coin tray if it blocks any ventillation holes

Alan Shore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 ED XR6 Manual
You mean like this...

This is in my VR...took me a lil while to do, but it looks awesome. You have to cut the tray leaving the bottom to it. I did notice though that I had to cut the sides though as the deck had some trouble slotting in...but you should test fit everything before you do that cut...just in case it does fit.

Also you'll have to make sure you can try and spread the wires out a bit as it gets a lil tight in there. Under the heater core...there are lil nibs of plastic that get in the way of putting the deck in...umm...so I just like hacked these off coz they didn't really look like they were doing anything special...allowed me to push the deck in like the way it is atm.

Maybe one day I should take everything out and take pictures of it all and write up instructions on how to do it. I'm just proud I did it all myself...:)

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
thank you thats what i was after

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Alan Shore said:
Maybe one day I should take everything out and take pictures of it all and write up instructions on how to do it. I'm just proud I did it all myself...:)

pictures and instructions would be good :thumbsup: