Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Elec Windows drama

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
hey all,

i went to buy a elec window kit from the wreckers and they asked wat type of loom my car had. when the guy checked behind the kick panel on my car, he said i had the type of loom that doesnt just plug in with the wiring looms from the power windows and he said that i would need an auto electrician to rewire the whole loom around my car if i wanted to put in elec windows.

has anyone heard of this before?

is there anyway around it?

Bob129

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Series II
search on the street commodore forums...especially any posts by 'commodorenut'. He seems to know alot about power windows, and reading his posts helped me set my elec windows up in my vs exec.
Cheers,
Rob

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
SaGe said:
hey all,

i went to buy a elec window kit from the wreckers and they asked wat type of loom my car had. when the guy checked behind the kick panel on my car, he said i had the type of loom that doesnt just plug in with the wiring looms from the power windows and he said that i would need an auto electrician to rewire the whole loom around my car if i wanted to put in elec windows.

has anyone heard of this before?

is there anyway around it?
Sounds like you've found an honest wrecker! HDT_aero wrote up on this subject and it tells you all you need to know at:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=26933

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
yea problem is HDT_areo did it on a VN and didnt hav the problem im having, he just the individual door looms and was able to plugem in straight away with no dramas