Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicators

sicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS - Series 2 / Karma
Hey guys

have VR Acclaim, my indicator fuse keeps on blowing!? wondering possible fault with the flasher can/ relay? or the stalk itself?

any ideas!?!?

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
have you changed your tail lights recently you may have pinched the indicator wire when you reinstalled the taillight

sicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS - Series 2 / Karma
No i havent changed anything, no globes or nothing!! i bought a new flasher can & put it in but the fuse keeps blowing, the hazard lights still work, so perhaps could be the indicator lever?

this really sucks and i need help cos my indicators dont work!!! argh alot of fun when you want to turn right....

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Well mate unless you have a bit of electronics know-how it may be best for an auto-electrician or a mate who knows what theyre doin. One thing I would suggest though is removing some bulbs. ie if its just the right side blowing remove the bulbs on the right side and turn the indicator on and see if the fuse blows.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sounds more like the stalk is shorting internally - mine flashes the hi-beam every time it cancels and if it wasn't just for a split-second it would also probably blow the fuse. Unless you have been playing around with the bulbs or connectors lately then its an even bet the stalk is gone. If the hazard lights still work then that rules out the bulbs and wires to the bulbs which (again) leaves the stalk as the prime suspect. Good Luck.

sicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS - Series 2 / Karma
Yeah mate thanks for your input- i have occasionally noticed well u know when u change lanes etc and u just 'hold' the stalk down not actually 'click' it- sometimes when i do that i hear a buzzing zapping sound, like it iwas shorting somewhere, has been doing that occasionally for ages, never caused any problems so didnt pay it the proper attention... guess ill have to go source one next monday & try it out!!

hopefully it fixes the problem!!!

But hey Hako, thanks heaps for your input mate! has made me rest assured thats the problem at the moment! :w00t:

Thanks everyone else too, really appreciate it! :wave: