Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

window winder!!

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
i have been trying for the last hour and i can't get the window winder off the door trim!! can anyone help me?? ive read that there is supposed to be a clip but i cant find it and i dont even know what it looks like.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
its been a while since i had a car without power windows and needed to do this..but from memory you just use a flat head screw driver to push the flat metal clip out...the opening is under the handle part of the winder where it meets the base going into the door trim.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Push the trim panel in around the winder handle and you will see a piece of spring wire in the shape of a bent U - hook it off the handle with a bent bit of wire or slip it off with a thin screwdriver. Try not to let this clip fly off (commonly called "Jesus" clips)

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
You can also use a rag wrapped around the winder shaft to pull the clip off. Suggest you invest in a couple of spares, despite all efforts you will lose one at some stage ;)

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
by the $7 metal tool from supercheap... makes life much easier :D

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Infus10n said:
by the $7 metal tool from supercheap... makes life much easier :D

yep ive seen/used one of those works a treat but i use the old fork method every time i need to get myne off also works pretty good just use the forky end of the fork and its thin enough to push the clip out